Thursday, April 5, 2012

Whole 30 and squirrels

So, Monday was the start of the whole 30 diet. How was I feeling before? AWFUL. How am I feeling now? Not much better. But, I have learned and experienced many things since starting. Here is a quick snapshot.
~Day one: DRINK MORE WATER
~Shopping has gotten very expensive
~If you can make it with cheese you can make it with out cheese
~On Tuesday I made my first pot roast...minus the potatoes...it was yummy and easy. Now I want a crockpot of my own
~The sugar crash takes several days to catch up. while sitting at my desk today I stood up to talk to a supervisor and almost passed out. NOT cool.
~I guess I'm learning to cook. I can't make rice so I had to be more creative with my chicken.
~I crave sugary and salty things. So, how do I fill this? Fruits, veggies and salted almonds.
~Avacado is NASTY. Contrary to what my friends think it is gross in taste and sketchy in texture.
~Stores/manufacturers put sugar in the stupidest of things. So be careful. Its in your ketchup, salsa, nuts, ham, bacon, sausage, juice, salad dressings...ok some of these I knew about...others I was appalled beecause they DON'T NEED sugar added. This is just a short list.
~There is a ton more planning and preparing
~Doing this alongside someone is helpful. Why? Because you can use each other as a resource and to be accountable. You aren't the only one who can't dig into the candy dish or eat the cookie that was just offered to you.
~I am craving everything I can't have. Did I already say that?
~Stressful situations: like the squirrel chewing through the wires in teh call center and crashing the whole building....well that can make you so stressed that it is incredibly tempting to eat.




Completely random and not related. Squirrels. They are AWFUL. Seriously? He chewed through the fiber optic wire between buildings and crashed us. We ran the ENTIRE call center on four phones. Not a HUGE deal in the overnight...but when the downstairs staff also needs to run operations...its special. We had a few good laughs and bonding moments in the board room of the main agency. I am impressed with how smoothly things ran and how we were able to keep things running with two downstairs phones and two upstairs phones, no printers, no helpful databases and little communication with the regular call center staff. But I am grateful to be back at a "normal" station. As a coworker says: this office is schizophrenic.

No comments:

Post a Comment