Thursday, May 21, 2009

Transition

It amazes me how time flies sometimes. It feels as though just yesterday I walked into my first dorm room...Anderson 111...and met my RA for the first time. And yet since then I have walked across the graduation platform twice...this time...never to return to the education world as a student. Maybe they should have told me 22 years ago that a masters degree did not guarantee a job...so where do I find myself now?
I have recently moved into a new apartment in the city with two lovely women. I am delighted to claim both of these women as my sisters. I love them so dearly and I am looking forward to the ways in which God will be using us in the lives of each other as well as the lives of those we come in contact with.
My head was held high as I accepted my masters diploma and hood a few weeks ago. What does this all mean for me? Well...I am quite thankful for the people in my life who made it possible. My parents, friends, and classmates fought along side me financially, emotionally and battled the mountains of papers. My professors challenged me way out of my comfort zone...bringing me to a place of moving out of old thoughts and behaviors, allowing me and encouraging me to grow and learn. One professor in particular expected our best...so we gave it to her. She expected us to take our learning to the next level...or as the previous program director said "you are at the center of your learning."
So now...the job search begins/continues. I am searching heard...but I find myself discouraged. I am reminded daily of the provision of God, trusting in him for he has a perfect plan. He has already mapped out this wonderful plan and will continue to provide for me and my household. But for now...I wait, I trust...and I keep hitting "apply" and making phone calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment