Friday, September 7, 2012

random friday thoughts....

Day four of whole30...its so much easier this time. I am learning a lot more about what I am doing and why. I am able to be whole hearted about it instead of a state of desperation. I am also so grateful for the opportunity to teach what I have learned to those who are interested.

I am addicted to reading. I find myself listening to books and reading as if I am binging. I am also addicted to buying books. I have about 10 books between my audible account and hard cover...plus coutless kindle books on my list. I have already completed 44 books this year and have about three more in the works...not including a yearly run through of the Bible in some way shape or form.

I love my coworkers and everything about their quirkiness. I am so grateful for their support in teaching me my job and bringing me along side them. I am grateful for the ways in which they simply make me laugh and entertain me with their lives. What is a challenge for me, and my office mate, is the relaxed slow paced way things are done. To me, I cringe at inefficiency and I strive to work hard and long...so being able to just stop and chat about cars breaking, lack of hot water, baby's development and food. Food is a constant no matter where I am.

This week my sister started her senior year of high school. First of all this makes me feel really old. It seems like just yesterday that mom put her on the bus for kindergarten. Or how about the memory of her playing barbie's, or learning to talk and walk. Secondly it makes me think back to my senior year and everything that entails. But most importantly it helps me to remember where I came from and where I am at, and I am grateful for that. I never had a dream of being this far, I was taking it one day at a time. When I finished high school it was just understood that I would go to college...but after that who knew what I would do? I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life. Now I could never imagine not being where I am at. I have an awesome spiritual family, have learned so much and have an incredible job. I am provided for and have done far more than anyone ever thought I would do. I have been given so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment