Sunday, September 2, 2012

Take two

Back in April Jenn and I embarked on the Whole30 adventure. It was at that point and probably still is one of the most food related challenges I have ever been on. I had to learn how to eat and cook all over again. Out went the Mac n cheese. Away went the beef ravioli. And goodbye went the ice cream.
When we started I knew what we could Nd couldn't eat. But I was taking it one day at a time and didn't take the time to fully understand the full spectrum of what food was doing to me. Now as we embark on round two with four new participants I am taking the adventure to the next level. This time I am prepared with experience, two books on the impact of food, several articles and loads of websites and recipes. This time I take the challenge farther by using what I have learned to teach and lead others on this journey.
Why do it again?
It worked the first time. But I wasn't prepared for the journey or the story after Whole30 when I began. One Oreo became two. One cookie became Chinese for lunch. And one almond joy became today's large piece of apple pie. The cravings have half returned and I want this to be s life long journey to eat foods that love me back.
Last time I had several foods I wanted to try or like before the end. Here is the update:
Avocado: still nasty.
Tomatoes: love them cooked. Can stomach a few raw.
Tea: LOVE
Fish: like talapia. Dislike salmon

This time around?
Want to learn about and decide about various organic foods including meat.
Want to try at least one more type of fish.
Want to re-evaluate the broccoli family
Want to learn two more dishes in the crockpot.
Want to compile a box of recipes to have on hand.

Alright. The adventure starts Tuesday. I wonder what I will eat before the kick off.........

No comments:

Post a Comment