Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Corn...

"Corn, Corn, Corn! Nothing But corn."

As i consider the reality of what is in that package of smarties I just ate, I can't help but think about the movie "Secondhand Lions". One of the uncles is fooled by a traveling salesman to believe that each seed is different when in fact all he buys is corn seeds....lots of them. A whole garden full of corn...

First ingredient in Smarties: Dextrose.


Corn sugar (C6H12O6), commonly called D-glucose or dextrose, is the chemical [alpha]-D-glucopyranose. It occurs as the anhydrous or the monohydrate form and is produced by the complete hydrolysis of corn starch with safe and suitable acids or enzymes, followed by refinement and crystallization from the resulting hydrolysate.


So...back to corn. Corn is in EVERYTHING. Its disgusting. Why is there corn in my smarties. Why is their corn in drink mixes, McDonald's everything, Baby formula, cereals (excluding corn flakes), catsup, salad dressings, candies, vinegar, cookies, baby food, juices, .......ok so now i'm just listing anything I am finding it in on the internet.
But seriously. If it isn't Corn on the cob, has corn in the title or is "candy corn," it shouldn't contain it. If God didn't put it in there...then there is a reason its not in there.


I could say the same thing about any sugar or soy. oo....but don't get me started on soy.

Organic lemonade mix: soy
salad dressings: soy
Goldfish crackers: soy
Granola bars: soy

1 comment:

  1. I am not around so you do the freaking out for me...Is that it? Don't forget soy in the multi-vitamins!

    There is corn in the pickles in our fridge. That surprised even me.

    ReplyDelete