Sunday, December 16, 2012

Moving

I have learned a few things from this most recent move.
First and foremost I have a lot of crap. It makes one consider what is important. What could be worth holding on to for the future? And what is worth passing on or throwing out? "It's time" is the phrase we used to part with things we once found useful.
What is important in a home? Is it the size of the kitchen or the amount of storage? Is it the type of floors or the amount of windows? Is it what floor the apartment is on or the location of the apartment in your community? In the past week I have decided that location means a great deal. But also the type of community that surrounds it. Most importantly it's who we are with and what we are committed too. I am grateful to have all of this.

I have learned that I don't feel at home until pictures are on the walls and there is food in my fridge. There are always little things that won't find their home until a few months from now... But I there is security in knowing where things belong.
I have learned just how blessed we are as roommates, friends and sisters for all of the wonderful people who made this move happen and the struggles that were avoided and overcome because of the hard work, love, support and consideration.

I have learned the beauty of creativity and teamwork to organize tiny spaces. And I will continue to be grateful for all of this.

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite parts about regularly sharing my gratitudes with you is just that. Shared gratefulness. You are grateful and suddenly I am too.

    ReplyDelete