Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Ranting

Dear City fo Rochester,
I regret to inform you that you do a crappy job at plowing. You seem to do an "ok" job at plowing the main roads...but side streets are MESSY. And what happens to the side walks, bus stops and such? Side walks are piled high. Bus stops are blocked by mounds of snow from plowing and not cleared out. Side walk entrances are blocked by the snow left from plows.
I understand that there are thousands of streets, sidewalks and bus stops in the city. But I also know that you pay people to do this work, work that it doesn't feel like is getting done. Ok, its a holiday and people want it off...but there are still residents that would like to safely navigate to and from their jobs, homes, and places of importance. Yesterday I hiked through knee-high snow to get home. Today I almost fell flat on my face...twice...because of the slickness of the sidewalk.
I would greatly appreciate that you make a concerted effort to properly clear your sidewalks and bus stops to make traveling safe for pedestrians as well as motorists. If you need an example of the quality of work that is possible, take a look at the sidewalks in front of ABVI.
Sincerely,
One cold and frustrated walker

No comments:

Post a Comment