Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Wind Chill

In case anyone in the Greater Rochester area has not gone outside today...Its 13 degrees and feels like 3. Its cold. I try my best not to let the weather conditions affect my daily activities. But some things at this temperature are just stupid. Today when a coworker offered me a ride half way to work...I accepted it. Today after work...I will NOT be going swimming. To go swimming and then get in your car and drive home is one thing. To go swimming and walk for 20 minutes in the cold...not smart.

I, in this head of mine, was coming up with this great analogy for wind chill and life. See, we often find ourselves in the mids of something hard, something cold and difficult. But we can handle it. It is the speed and intensity (wind) at which it hits us that makes the situation or situations unbearable. The faster and more intense the presentation, the more difficult, painful and cold the experience.

Alright..that's all I got on this bitterly cold day.

No comments:

Post a Comment