Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Self Talk

How often do we talk ourselves down? We sit and belittle ourselves. Our actions, thoughts and words tear down what we have done, who we are and who we can be to something smaller. So in my thoughts and wanderings I found this question:

If you had a friend who spoke to you in the same way that you sometimes speak to yourself, how long would you allow this person to be your friend?


Honestly...I am not sure the answer to this question for myself. My inward and outward speech are so drastically different. I think I would be terrified if my friend talked to me the way my head does. This is definitely a way to redirect thoughts. I don't want to be friends with the person in my head currently...but I do want to train the person in my head to get to a place where I would want to be friends with her.

1 comment:

  1. Remind me next time I see you that I wanna answer your question in person.

    ReplyDelete